Role Mission: The mission of the Accounting Clerk for IPS Enterprises, Inc. is to perform accounting and clerical functions to support Staff Accountants. Record cash receipts and journal entries to the general ledger as well as ensure compliance with any federal and state financial reporting and compliance guidelines.
What We Offer
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate ranging between $19.19 for 0 years of experience and $23.98.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Some of the special benefits we offer at IDEA include:
- Paid Family Leave: Eligible staff may receive up to 8 weeks of paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child, based on their tenure with the organization and caregiver designation.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Staff members may apply for up to 50% of tuition paid toward a qualifying degree program, up to $5,250 maximum per year subject to manager discretion and budget availability.
- Employer-Paid Mental/Behavioral Health: 5 face-to-face counseling sessions within a year, unlimited 24/7 telephonic counseling, and other work-life services available at no cost.
Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, generous vacation time, referral bonuses and professional development. IDEA may offer a relocation allowance to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Compile all necessary documentation for the School of Hope grant associated with IDEA Florida.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to receive information necessary to compile required documentation as set forth by the grant.
- Review accuracy of backup provided for journal entry requests, if discrepancies or inefficiencies are identified present these to the relevant department and work collectively to make necessary corrections.
100% of cash receipts are processed within 2 business days of having been processed by the bank.
- Work collaboratively with IDEA Louisiana, IDEA Florida, IDEA Ohio, and Business Office other various departments to gather the necessary backup to record each cash receipt entry.
- Review bank activity on a daily basis.
Reconcile and track related party expenses due to IPS Enterprises, Inc.
- Develop a list of items charged on a monthly basis; confirm these have been paid timely. If payments are not received, follow up with the corresponding entity and request payment.
- Send detailed charges (items paid by IPS) to all affiliates by the 12th Business Day.
- Provide supporting documentation for 100% of the transactions charged to affiliates.
- Process payments received and post in Munis within 2 business days of receipt.
- Update receivable by totaling unpaid invoices for IPS Enterprises and affiliates by the 8th business day.
- Resolve discrepancies by entering adjusting entries as necessary.
Support new regions by properly recording expenses in QuickBooks.
- Reconcile and review expenses in IPS for Year -2 and Year -1 regions outside the State of Texas and without a Munis database by the 13th business day
- Record journal entries in Quick Books by the 14th business day
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Education: (Required) Associate’s degree in accounting or finance-related field
- Education: (Preferred) Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance-related field
- Experience: 1-3 years of accounting or bookkeeping experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Non-profit accounting and auditing principles established by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) for Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Computerized accounting systems
- Analyze and interpret financial data
- Evaluate accounting problems, develop data, and recommend improvement procedures
- Use personal computer and software to develop complex accounting reports, spreadsheets, and databases
- Work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to a multi-state network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves over 80,000 college-bound students in 143 schools across Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college.
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
At IDEA the Staff Culture and Belonging Team uses our Core Values to promote human connection and a culture of integrity, respect, and belonging for all Team and Family members. Learn more about our Commitment to Core Values here: https://ideapublicschools.org/our-story/#core-values
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.