School Year: 2023-2024
Location: Headquarters-Rio Grande Valley
Region: Headquarters - Rio Grande Valley, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Financial Planning & Analysis
Role Mission: The Business Office strives to support the leadership at IDEA as we work together to meet and exceed our ambitious financial and student achievement goals. The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will lead the work with Finance, national, regional, and school teams to increase efficiency and provide a high level of support in meeting shared financial goals.
Location: This is a full-time remote position based in Texas with preference given to candidates living in Austin, El Paso, Houston, San Antonio, Tarrant County (Ft. Worth), Permian Basin (Midland/Odessa), the Rio Grande Valley, or who are willing to relocate.
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities
In this role you will:
• Ensure annual planning and budgeting project milestones and deadlines are met
• Support budget managers and their staff during the annual planning and budgeting process
• Build and update rosters for the upcoming fiscal year, identify and correct errors, and make revisions based on changes throughout the process
• Collect detailed budgets and ensure requested budgets meet targets by fund and overall amount
• Project and allocate enterprise expense budgets, coordinate with budget managers to ensure accurate projections
• Summer Institute, HQ managers, grant managers, APO, PIR and Principal trainings
• Provide differentiated support to portfolio financial managers including field observation and coaching, regional tacticals, and adhoc trainings based on portfolio trends
Supervisory Responsibilities: This role will supervise a team of Budget Analysts
What You Bring – Competencies
(Preferred) Master’s degree in accounting, business administration, or economics
(Preferred) 6-7 years’ experience in financial data analysis
Knowledge and Skills:
What We Offer
Compensation & Benefits: Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $91,100 and $112,900, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for performance pay based on organizational performance and goal attainment
Additionally, we offer medical, dental, and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
* IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Application Process: Submit your application online through Jobvite. Please note that applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Learn more about IDEA
At IDEA the Staff Culture and Belonging Team uses our Core Values to promote human connection and a culture of integrity, respect, and belonging for all Team and Family members. Learn more about our Commitment to Core Values here: https://ideapublicschools.org/our-story/#core-values