Role Mission: The 21st Century Site Coordinator will design and coordinate after school programming for priority students, focusing on academic support, enrichment opportunities, and college/career readiness. Site Coordinators will ensure 100% of student and parent involvement goals are met by developing well-rounded programming opportunities in academic support, college readiness, and enrichment. SCs will work with campus principals to ensure 21st Century programs enhance the vision and priorities of the school. Serve as a business partner to other IDEA stakeholders, at the campus level, district level, and with external partners.
What We Offer
- Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $43,722 and $51,155 commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Some of the special benefits we offer at IDEA include:
- Paid Family Leave: Eligible staff may receive up to 8 weeks of paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child, based on their tenure with the organization and caregiver designation.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Staff members may apply for up to 50% of tuition paid toward a qualifying degree program, up to $5,250 maximum per year subject to manager discretion and budget availability.
- Employer-Paid Mental/Behavioral Health: 5 face-to-face counseling sessions within a year, unlimited 24/7 telephonic counseling, and other work-life services available at no cost.
Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, generous vacation time, referral bonuses and professional development. IDEA may offer a relocation allowance to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
What You Bring -- Competencies:
- Managing Others to Deliver Results; Ability to influence, motivate and manage others to meet deadlines and achieve measurable, ambitious results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including comfort in utilizing data and analyzing results to tell a story
- Ability to organize and balance long-term goals while prioritizing daily tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to focus for extended periods of time reading/understanding rules and regulations, creating written narratives and/or managerial plans, entering data and conducting data analysis, and managing budgets.
- Personal responsibility to create a high-quality after school, Saturday school, and summer school program
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: Experience working with students preferred
- Experience with project management (preferred)
- Experience managing others to achieve goals (preferred)
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities:
100% of Student Attendance Goal Met for 45+ Program Days
- Determine programming options that ensure consistent student attendance
- Invest campus leadership and staff in the importance and benefits of 21st Century programming
- Recruitment of priority students with communication strategies that ensure buy-in from both students and families
- Recruit and train staff/ vendors who will deliver high-quality programming to students.
- Utilize data to re-recruit and follow up with targeted priority attendance students
100% of Family Engagement Attendance Goal Met
- Determine campus family programming needs
- Organize and implement quality Family Programming options on a monthly basis, with the support of the Family Engagement Specialist
- Develop clear and consistent communication systems with families
90% of Campus Staff and 21st Century Families either Agree or Strongly Agree that 21st Century has a positive impact on student success
- Communicate the 21st Century vision to all stakeholders
- Invest stakeholders in the benefits of 21st Century enrollment beyond programming itself: academic success, character growth, college readiness, leadership
- Ensure families and staff see 21st Century as a value added
100% of Students Have Access to Well-Rounded Programming
- Ensure students and families have access to all four programming components each semester (Academic Support, Enrichment, College/Career Readiness, and Family Engagement)
- Develop program opportunities that would otherwise not be available to most IDEA students
- Utilize campus, student, and parent feedback to develop needs-based programming
100% Grant Compliance Measures Met
- Ensure all documentation is collected, entered in the database, and properly stored
- Develop organizational systems to ensure all attendance is collected and entered into the student attendance database at least weekly
- Meet all TEA deadlines
- 21st Century Enrichment Specialists
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to a multi-state network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves over 80,000 college-bound students in 143 schools across Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college.
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
At IDEA the Staff Culture and Belonging Team uses our Core Values to promote human connection and a culture of integrity, respect, and belonging for all Team and Family members. Learn more about our Commitment to Core Values here: https://ideapublicschools.org/our-story/#core-values
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.