Role Mission: IDEA’s Operations Selection Coordinators are responsible for the initial stages of IDEA’s talent pipeline for campus operations roles. Operations Selection Coordinators use a standardized, high-quality selection process to pre-screen finalists for final interview at the campus. By managing the selection process and prioritizing the highest-quality candidates, Operations Selection Coordinators enable talent managers and staffing team members to act with urgency around selecting top candidates and quickly closing vacancies. Operations Selection Coordinators manage the end phases of data quality within our applicant tracking system, Jobvite, and staffing operating mechanisms by ensuring accurate final interview ratings, accuracy of tracked intent to hires, as well as supporting the accuracy of reported staff exits for assigned regions.
Location: This is a full-time remote position based in Texas with preference given to candidates who live in Austin, El Paso, Houston, Permian Basin (Midland/Odessa), Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio, and Tarrant County (Fort Worth), or who are willing to relocate.
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities
In this role you will:
Manage all NEW applications within Jobvite for the assigned regions and roles
- 95% of new applications are screened within 1 day of application submission
- 100% of new applications have documented notes that follow the standardized process of highlighting the highest leverage points within the application so that talent managers and staffing teams get a thorough snapshot of each candidate
- 90% of NEW screened applications meet the norming standards for rejection and approval rates
Manage all Initial Screening components of the application process within Jobvite for the assigned regions and roles
- Create a Signature Candidate Experience by communicating quickly with candidates at every part of the Initial Screening process, providing answers to questions and next steps in each individual applicant’s process.
- Sharing Hiring Timelines with all stakeholders who are a part of the interview process for each role, working to ensure everyone is on the same page from the beginning of the process to the end.
Manage the end phases of data quality within Jobvite
- Coordinate with regional talent teams to ensure data visibility and final interview communication between national and regional business partners
- Ensure that 100% of intents to hire submitted for the assigned regions and roles are aligned with data from the Human Assets staffing board and other data boards (new hires team, employee information system team, etc.)
- Close out requisitions and communicate with ALL remaining candidates, moving their applications into the appropriate workflow.
Support the Staffing team with all efforts around selection and hiring of high-quality operations talent
- Partner on ensuring the highest-quality candidates are moving forward for each role, gathering all relevant data to share with the Regional Talent Teams.
- Partner closely with the Selection Manager – Operations as they collaborate with the National Operations Team Members to ensure the process, data, and evidence being gathered is up-to-date and accurate, pivoting when and where necessary.
Support all data tracking, management & reporting as it relates to selection, hiring, and retention of high-quality operations talent
- Maintain data trackers to communicate timely information across the Staffing team and Operations team
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
What You Bring – Competencies
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Track record of learning new systems and content quickly and rapidly demonstrating proficiency
- High degree of professionalism, maturity, and confidentiality
- Ability to business partner effectively with campus and functional leaders
- Education: Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Experience: 2+ years of professional work experience required; school operations experience strongly preferred
· Must be able to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
· Must be able to climb ladders or scaffolding, or climb and work in overhead areas
· Must be able to work in a confined space or to crawl or move about on hands and knees.
· Must be able to lift and carry or otherwise move 10 pounds (regularly/occasionally)
· Physical ability to work around small children including sitting, standing, running and climbing stairs.
· Must be able to lift and carry small children up to 40 pounds in case of emergency.
What We Offer
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate ranging between $18.49 for 0 years of experience and $23.11.
- Additionally, we offer medical, dental, and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
- IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
At IDEA the Staff Culture and Belonging Team uses our Core Values to promote human connection and a culture of integrity, respect, and belonging for all Team and Family members. Learn more about our Commitment to Core Values here: https://ideapublicschools.org/our-story/#core-values