School Monitor - IDEA Tres Lagos College Prep (Immediate Opening)
School Year: 2023-2024
Location: IDEA Tres Lagos College Prep
Region: Upper Rio Grande Valley, TX
Job Type: Part-Time
Role Mission: The School Monitor is responsible for ensuring the safety of students by providing supervisory monitoring of students at various times of the days including before/after school and during lunch/recess.
What We Offer
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate of $10.00
What You Bring -- Competencies:
- Enjoys working with children
- Manages students in a firm and fair manner
- Strong communication skills with students and staff
- Flexibility to change
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working with students preferred
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities:
Supervision of Students
- Provide a safe and orderly environment for students
- Monitors students during bus drop off, arrival, and after school.
- Monitors halls during student arrival and during lunch.
- Maintain assigned lunch schedule for all grade levels without delay
- Supervise and assist students through serving line to ensure assigned lunch periods remain on schedule
- Supervise lunchroom to maintain orderly conduct
- Supervise students during recess and rotate through the lunchroom at scheduled time
- Assists with general food needs such as assisting students with opening food containers, discarding food during meals, and general cleanliness of cafeteria.
- Assists and supports student behavior management. Refers and communicates behavioral concerns and inappropriate conduct to appropriate administrative personnel.
- Performs related duties as required.
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to a multi-state network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves over 80,000 college-bound students in 143 schools across Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college.
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
At IDEA the Staff Culture and Belonging Team uses our Core Values to promote human connection and a culture of integrity, respect, and belonging for all Team and Family members. Learn more about our Commitment to Core Values here: https://ideapublicschools.org/our-story/#core-values
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.