Role Mission: The Health Aide is primarily responsible for providing health services to students, conducting state-mandated screenings, maintaining 100% immunization state compliance and maintaining accurate files. The school health aide is also responsible for promoting health education and preventative health practices for students. All clinic staff report directly to the campus Assistant Principal of Operations (APO.) All medical and compliance for the district is directed to the Director of Health Services.
What We Offer
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate ranging between $14.56 for 0 years of experience and $18.20.
- This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on team performance and goal attainment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Some of the special benefits we offer at IDEA include:
- Paid Family Leave: Eligible staff may receive up to 8 weeks of paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child, based on their tenure with the organization and caregiver designation.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Staff members may apply for up to 50% of tuition paid toward a qualifying degree program, up to $5,250 maximum per year subject to manager discretion and budget availability.
- Employer-Paid Mental/Behavioral Health: 5 face-to-face counseling sessions within a year, unlimited 24/7 telephonic counseling, and other work-life services available at no cost.
Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, generous vacation time, referral bonuses and professional development. IDEA may offer a relocation allowance to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
What You Bring -- Competencies:
- Knowledge of basic first aid and cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient keyboarding and file maintenance skills
- Ability to use personal computer and software to develop databases and do word processing
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Education: High School diploma or GED (Required)
- Experience: One-year experience in a health-related position. (Experience with school-age children is preferred).
- Certified as a Nursing Assistant (CNA) OR a Registered Medical Assistants (RMA) (Required)
- Current certification in CPR/AED/ First Aid (Required)
- Certified by the Texas Department of State Health Services to conduct vision, hearing, spinal, and AN screenings (Preferred)
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities:
- Provide direct care utilizing professional assessment skills, the nursing process, and established school health protocols.
- Serve as a health advocate for students.
- Notify parents of accidents or illnesses and secure medical care for students in emergency cases (if parents or emergency contact cannot be reached).
- Coordinate management system to administer medications to students at school.
- Establish and implement effective procedures for mandatory screening programs. Make referrals as necessary.
- Serve as a health liaison between school, physicians, parents, and community.
- Assess student problems and make appropriate referrals working with students, teachers, parents, and medical and health care professionals, as needed.
- Participate in health-related school committees and develop Individual Health Plans for students, as needed.
- Collaborate with other professionals regarding implementation of health-related Individual Education Plan (IEP) items.
- Participate in assessment and reporting of suspected child abuse.
- Make home visits to help with student health problems as necessary with permission of principal.
- Communicate regularly with the campus director of operations, health services coordinator, school counselor, teachers, parents, food services, and other staff regarding health services issues.
- Review and evaluate immunization records.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required, including clinic records and accurate, updated health records on all students.
- Request supplies and equipment needed to maintain clinic inventory.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, Texas Department of Health rule, State Board of Education rule, and board policy in health services area.
- Report potential health and safety hazards to the campus director of operations.
- Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations.
- Maintain certification as a CNA or RMA, maintain certification in CPR/First Aid as well as certification as state-approved vision, hearing, spinal, and AN health screeners.
- Model behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Has Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to a multi-state network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves over 80,000 college-bound students in 143 schools across Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college.
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
At IDEA the Staff Culture and Belonging Team uses our Core Values to promote human connection and a culture of integrity, respect, and belonging for all Team and Family members. Learn more about our Commitment to Core Values here: https://ideapublicschools.org/our-story/#core-values
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.