IDEA’s Multimedia Manager is responsible for stewarding IDEA’s brand through the conceptualization, production, and editing of IDEA video projects for broadcast, digital and social applications, and capturing photography of IDEA students, teachers, and staff for use throughout the year. The Multimedia Manager works closely with members of the Marketing, Communications and Creative teams, including the Chief Communications Officer and department leads to tell IDEA’s story and that of other departmental success, plus all other duties as assigned. The Multimedia Manager works on the Communications team under the advisement of the Director of Creative Services and manages the videography team.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $60,500 and $72,600, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications and in alignment with internal equity. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefits as well as retirement plans and a generous vacation package. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
* IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
In this role you will:
SERVE AS THE LEAD PRODUCER FOR IDEA’s VIDEO LIBRARY
In partnership with many throughout the organization, tell the IDEA story through video. This includes, but is not limited to the conceptualization, scripting, filming, and editing of the following videos:
- A brand commercial
- Multi-channel brand videos and promotions
- Teacher Recruitment
- Student Recruitment commercials
- Day in the Life videos for both
- College Signing Day
- Back to School Bash
- As assigned
- Coordinate the logistics for the varying video shoots keeping campus testing calendars in mind. Manage videography team
- Manage creative review process with key stakeholders
- Conceptualize video to support events.
- Partnering with our Advancement team on fundraising events
- Collaborate with the different areas of the marketing department, as well as other departments within the organization
- S/he will coach and develop a team of two direct reports to results in their respective functional areas
- Oversee the goal setting and professional development process for direct reports
- Host Weekly Team Meetings with the Creative Services teams, weekly check-ins with direct report(s), and quarterly team step backs.
- Report to the Director of Creative Services
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students can get to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Must include a link to portfolio displaying a variety of video work
- Video production and editing skills using Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe After Effects
- Experience in Photoshop and Illustrator a plus but not necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Video Production, Digital Media or related field or equivalent experience required
As part of the Communications team, you will be responsible for leading your team to meet the following ambitious goals:
- 90% of internal and external business partners who submit project requests through Wrike ‘agree’ or ‘strongly agree’ with the following statement: “I am satisfied with the overall Creative Services process and customer service experience’, as measured by Microsoft Forms survey.
- Will achieve 85% retention of all Communications staff
- Will ensure the content and quality of or videography and storytelling reflect each region and aligns 100% with IDEA enrollment, staff recruitment and retention, school culture and college matriculation efforts.
- Increase by up to 15% DEI internal staff recognition and awareness by leveraging MCC products and platforms. (Measurement tools to include Best Places to Work and IDEA end-of-year surveys)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong video, photography, and editing skills
- Experience in video production and project management
- Relationship-building and influencing skills, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Creative, ambitious, and highly adept in designing and implementing cohesive creative brand strategies
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written
- Bilingual preferred, but not required
- Results and quality-focused with an eye for detail, a bias for excellence in building and deploying creative campaigns and projects and managing multiple creative platforms and channels
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At IDEA we recognize that racism, bias, and privilege exist in society. We are committed to an organizational culture that promotes awareness and inclusivity for our students and staff and supports their path to positively impact our broader society. We are committed to recognizing the impact of racism and privilege, and commit as an organization to have equitable practices, policies, and structures. Visit https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/ to learn about IDEA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment.
Learn more about IDEA