Role Mission: The SIS Regional Coordinator works cooperatively with the Operations Manager and HQ leaders to determine training and development schedules to help staff create long term career plans. The mission for the SIS Regional Coordinator is to ensure the highest standards of data compliance through quarterly audits with 95% success by the end of year. They are tasked with achieving 100% campuses fully staffed and onboarded by July of approaching Academic year, 85% SIS and Registrar retention, 100% of all “training” operating mechanisms are coordinated and managed effectively, and 100% Data Accuracy measured by PEIMS state data submission with regard to the functions he/she owns. The SIS Regional Coordinator will equip staff with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out work-related tasks.
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities:
Meets (or exceeds) an Average Daily Attendance (ADA) of 97.5%
- Develops and continuously improves student attendance processes
- Improves training sessions on increasing student attendance and compliance
- Provides technical guidance for student attendance
- Collaborates with SIS campus staff and campus leaders to develop strategies to improve ADA
85% Retention of SIS Coordinators and Registrars
- Create organizational development strategy for SIS Coordinators and Registrars; oversee its implementation and assess its outcomes.
- Draw an individualized development plan that addresses needs and expectations for campus SIS Coordinators and Registrars
- Responsible for hiring/onboarding/training of their region SIS Coordinators and Registrars
- Coach and develop SIS/Registrar skill sets on best practices and tools to use in the field
- Trains on use of tracking mechanisms to help manage around Campus Operations and SIS goals
- Execute onboarding practices to ensure each new team member is set up for success based on the unique responsibilities of their role
- Ensure that all Campus SIS Conference calls and campus SIS Monthly Meetings are organized and deliver quality training
- Partner with Operations Manager to develop a comprehensive scope and sequence for campus SIS Coordinators and Registrars
Ensure highest standards of data compliance through quarterly audits with a 95% success rate by EOY
- Improves processes to identify student data errors and holds SIS campus staff accountable for correcting
- Coaches and develops campus staff on processes and strategies to eliminate student data errors
- Serves as a liaison with the SIS Data team to define data accuracy and requirements
- Serves as the process, data and compliance expert for student attendance
100% campuses ready by the first day of school
- Leads efforts to ensure 100% of SIS campus team members are hired, on-boarded and trained
- Leads efforts to ensure 100% of teachers take attendance on the first day of school
- Leads efforts to ensure 100% of student enrollment data errors are eliminated by the first day of school
- Leads efforts to ensure 100% of SIS campus staff members report accurate attendance and enrollment
Excellent Customer Service
- Answering all phone calls and correspondence
- Communicate with school staff, administrators, parents and outside agencies to exchange information, coordinate activities and resolve issues, concerns and questions regarding SIS data and directives
- Internally and with district partners, contribute to a growing culture of analytics to ensure campus, regional, and national staff are working smarter versus harder in identifying root causes behind gaps and meaningful interventions
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
- Education: Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience: A minimum of two years in student information systems or similar role with a record of results; Experience in K-12 education
- Willing to travel at least 80% of the time within their assigned region(s)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with student information systems (PowerSchool, JCampus, DocumentLOK, OnDataSuite and various other state databases) preferred
- Knowledge of K-12 student attendance, enrollment and data state reporting requirements
What We Offer
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate ranging between $48.969 for 0 years of experience and $57,293.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, com‐muter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves nearly 75,000 college-bound students in 137 schools across Texas, Southern Louisiana and Florida and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with new launches in Jacksonville, FL (2022). Cincinnati, OH (2022), and Arkansas (2023)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.