IPS Accounting Clerk (Immediate Opening)
This job posting is no longer active.
School Year: 2022-2023
Location: Headquarters-Rio Grande Valley
Region: Headquarters - Rio Grande Valley, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
IPS Enterprises, Inc.
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all of our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 58% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 45,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tarrant County (Fort Worth/Arlington), New Orleans, Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2021), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
Role Mission: The mission of the Accounting Clerk for IPS Enterprises, Inc. is to perform accounting and clerical functions to support Staff Accountants. Record cash receipts and journal entries to the general ledger as well as ensure compliance with any federal and state financial reporting and compliance guidelines.
Compile all necessary documentation for the School of Hope grant associated with IDEA Florida.
100% of cash receipts are processed within 2 business days of having been processed by the bank.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to receive information necessary to compile required documentation as set forth by the grant.
- Review accuracy of backup provided for journal entry requests, if discrepancies or inefficiencies are identified present these to the relevant department and work collectively to make necessary corrections.
- Work collaboratively with IDEA Louisiana, IDEA Florida, IDEA Ohio, and Business Office other various departments to gather the necessary backup to record each cash receipt entry.
- Review bank activity on a daily basis.
Reconcile and track related party expenses due to IPS Enterprises, Inc.
- Develop a list of items charged on a monthly basis; confirm these have been paid timely. If payments are not received, follow up with the corresponding entity and request payment.
- Send detailed charges (items paid by IPS) to all affiliates by the 12th Business Day.
- Provide supporting documentation for 100% of the transactions charged to affiliates.
- Process payments received and post in Munis within 2 business days of receipt.
- Update receivable by totaling unpaid invoices for IPS Enterprises and affiliates by the 8th business day.
- Resolve discrepancies by entering adjusting entries as necessary.
Support new regions by properly recording expenses in QuickBooks.
- Reconcile and review expenses in IPS for Year -2 and Year -1 regions outside the State of Texas and without a Munis database by the 13th business day
- Record journal entries in Quick Books by the 14th business day
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Education: (Required) Associate’s degree in accounting or finance-related field
- Education: (Preferred) Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance-related field
- Experience: 1-3 years of accounting or bookkeeping experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Non-profit accounting and auditing principles established by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) for Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Computerized accounting systems
- Analyze and interpret financial data
- Evaluate accounting problems, develop data, and recommend improvement procedures
- Use personal computer and software to develop complex accounting reports, spreadsheets, and databases
- Work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Salaries for this role typically fall between $19.19/hr and $23.98/hr, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.