Director of Financial Planning and Analysis - Systems and Reporting (Immediate Opening)
This job posting is no longer active.
School Year: 2022-2023
Location: Headquarters-Rio Grande Valley
Region: Headquarters - Rio Grande Valley, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
Role Mission: The Business Office strives to support the leadership at IDEA as we work together to meet and exceed our ambitious financial and student achievement goals. The Director of Finance Systems and Development will lead the work with Finance, national, regional and school teams to increase efficiency and provide a high level of support in meeting shared financial goals.
Salaries for people entering this role typically start between $91,120 and $115,000, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on team goal attainment.
- Manage the master budget and pro formas through preliminary drafts, scenario planning, and final adoption
- Support budget managers and their staff during the annual planning and budgeting process
- Project and allocate enterprise expense budgets, coordinate with budget managers to ensure accurate projections
- Lead in the implementation of Tyler Munis modules, upgrades and annual processes. Manage Position Control across all entities.
- Ensure accurate active positions and vacancies are maintained across all entities
- Provide high quality custom reporting through SSRS or other tools
- Support during annual ERP processes such as PEIMS data submission and year end processing, ensure these processes are scheduled in alignment with external and internal deadlines
- Guide national, regional and school in meeting the financial targets for their teams
- Drive the creation and update of rolling forecasts in partnership with school and regional leaders to ensure schools and regional budgets will meet annual operating income targets
- Consult with schools and teams that are off track and provide actionable recommendations to improve financial performance
- Strategically plan and lead holistic professional development and support plans for budget owners and financial managers
- Ensure high quality support and reference materials are made available to financial managers related to key finance functions
- Provide differentiated support to portfolio financial managers including field observation and coaching, regional tacticals, and adhoc trainings based on portfolio trends
As part of the FP&A team, you will be responsible for helping to drive towards the following ambitious goals:
- Upload a board approved budget by July 1, 2021 across all entities and have 100% detail for each organization for operating, staffing and summer school discretionary allocations in the Annual Planning and Budgeting Application.
- 100% Approved Positions in Tyler By July 1st . Implement Tyler Munis Projections module by June 30, 2021. Allow for full access for national teams in Tyler Munis across all entity databases, fully implement transfer workflow supported by the Financial Planning Clerk Team.
- Achieve the operating income target by the end of the fiscal year. 80% of organizations end the year on discretionary target or with a surplus.
- 95% Zendesk Customer service by the end of the fiscal year by region with no more than 5% breached Tickets.
- 85% Financial Planning Team and Business Clerk Retention.
- Education: (Required) Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, or economics
(Preferred) Master’s degree in accounting, business administration, or economics
- Experience:(Required) 3-4 years’ experience in financial data analysis
(Preferred) 4-5 years’ experience in financial data analysis
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Enterprise Resource Planning Software
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders of varying degrees of analytical understanding
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Constantly searching for and learning more regarding analysis methods and tools
- Organizing own work and work of others, coordinating projects, setting priorities, meeting deadlines
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established policy and procedural guidelines
- Hold ethics and values to high standards